Share this page

2014 Event Highlights

In 2014 over 2,000 people applied to attend the Sustainable Innovation Forum, making this year's forum the most popular to date. With standing room only the largest business side event on the margins of COP20, attracting 500 attendees, was a huge success. Attendees enjoyed thought provoking speeches, dynamic debate, unparalleled networking, interactive exhibitions and even a lunch provided by Think.Eat.Save principles.

Delegates were treated to a lunch banquet with a 'rescued-food-theme' twist. Peruvian based celebrity chef, Diego Munoz, and Head Chef from Lima's 5-star Westin Hotel, Wilfred Dass, designed a lunch menu for the Forum using a selection of surplus produce saved from landfill and sourced from local farmers and suppliers. Providing the lunch under these auspices saved 242 million tonnes of CO2 emissions.




Pre-approved Attendees




& Partners

Keynote Addresses From

Achim Steiner

Executive Director, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and Under-Secretary-General, United Nations

President Felipe Calderon

Former President of Mexico and Chair of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate

Lord Nicholas Stern

Chair of the Grantham Research Institute

Sir David King

UK Special Envoy for Climate Change

Carbon Savings

Rescued Lunch served to delegates delivered 242 MTCO2e saving

BMW providing UNEP with 100% electric vehicles saved 71kg of tail pipe emissions

Attendee Breakdown

Attendees by Geography

43 nations were represented at the Sustainable Innovation Forum, making it the most diversely attended business event on the margins of COP20. Nearly 75% of the audience were Latin American, but the remaining 25% included coverage from every continent except Antartica.

Attendees by Industry Sector

Being the largest business event on the sidelines of the COP, we ensured just over 50% of attendees joined us from the private sector. Government and NGO made up just under 35% over the audience and the remainder of the delegates represented UN agencies, press, academia, civil society and celebrities.


Surveys Says...

100% of attendees surveyed confirmed that they would
recommend or highly recommend this event

How Delegates Heard About SIF14

Direct email marketing

Referred by a colleague

Social Media

Google search

Webinars, Media Partners and UN newsletters


Why Delegates Attended SIF 14

To understand more about topic areas on the agenda


Hear from high level speakers

2014 Global Marketing Reach

Thank you to our Sponsors and Partners

Strategic Partners

Platinum Partner

Gold Partners

Networking Partners

Institutional Partners

Media Partners

Download Post Event Report

Find out more about sponsorship opportunities

Share this page